Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E500 4Matic
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure I'd ever want to own one. The attention would make me too uncomfortable plus I could never just leave the car unattended anywhere for very long.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
I would. I would just need to sell one of my testicles for it.[:D]

I would also have to hire a bodyguard that can clean off the fingerprints and noseprints from the windows all the time.[:D][8D]

·
Registered
1993 W201 190E 1.8i
947 Posts
dahappybanana - 3/26/2006 11:17 PM
I do agree about worrying about it being in a parking lot.
the kind of 'parking lots' that you would inherently frequent once you had acquired the SLR would probably be lined with equally precious exotica. you would be an absolute fool to have an SLR as your only car, and your social life would be a slightly different realm, with no need to worry about how ostentatious the whole thing is...

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
I would, Like to own a Fire mist SLR or a Designo Mauritus Blue colour[:(]But unfortunatley , I cannot get one due to $ reasons

·
Registered
ML 350 & GLK 350
64 Posts
...and by the way I AM going to own a McLaren SLR before I get 45 at least 50 years of age,hopefully.

·
Registered
1995 500SL
141 Posts
Well let's see, hmmm if I could afford the initial price tag or the $50K cost for a brake job - I could afford to have an armed guard watch my car anywhere I parked! If IFS and BUTs were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year long.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I definetely don't like the slr design, instead ot it I'd go for porsche carrera GT, or a regular carrera non cabriolet.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
asianml said:
I would. I would just need to sell one of my testicles for it.[:D]

I would also have to hire a bodyguard that can clean off the fingerprints and noseprints from the windows all the time.[:D][8D]

LMAO:p :D

·
Registered
190e 2.3 widebody
94 Posts
You are on the wrong website my friend. Im sure your porsche is a fine motorcar but the SLR is something beyond anything we have ever seen. Just watch the crazy pom Jeremy clarkson on topgear carve around a racetrack in one and any other potential drawbacks you can think of for owning one become insignificant. I would own one in a second, and shall before i depart this world one day... just not tomorrow ;-)

·
Registered
2016 CLS350
1,151 Posts
I'd prefer something as 'mundane' as a CL63 or SL55 if I'm truthful. That's nothing to do with cost either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
red_benz said:
You are on the wrong website my friend. Im sure your porsche is a fine motorcar but the SLR is something beyond anything we have ever seen. Just watch the crazy pom Jeremy clarkson on topgear carve around a racetrack in one and any other potential drawbacks you can think of for owning one become insignificant. I would own one in a second, and shall before i depart this world one day... just not tomorrow ;-)
LOL... The Stig put up a better lap time in the Carrera GT by almost a second. The SLR is a grand tourer (GT), whereas the CGT is a no-compromise race car. They serve different purposes, and are aimed at different markets. Both kick ass tho!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren, Lamborghini Gallardo Momo Edition, Land Rover Range Rover HSE
9 Posts
I have and slr..i get attetion all of the time...especially at the gas station...but i love it. its not as bad as you would think.its a great car and when i drive it i almost allways find a little bit of time and space on the backroads and freeways to let lose. its an amazing car and definately worth it

·
Registered
1982 300D, 1980 240D
24 Posts
Being able to spell is obviously not a prerequisite for owning an SLR.

I don't have one, I'd drive it if somebody gave it to me ... otherwise though, at that level of sports car my vote would go for something more traditional, Italian. There's just something about a serious high dollar fast car made by a 'purist' company like Ferrari vs. one from a company that also sells the 'A-Class' and 'Smart'. Come on. :p

·
Registered
1991 R129 500 SL, 2004 W126 ML 350, W126 500SE, 2012 Nissan Dualis
81 Posts
Being able to spell is obviously not a prerequisite for owning an SLR.

I don't have one, I'd drive it if somebody gave it to me ... otherwise though, at that level of sports car my vote would go for something more traditional, Italian. There's just something about a serious high dollar fast car made by a 'purist' company like Ferrari vs. one from a company that also sells the 'A-Class' and 'Smart'. Come on. :p
I too would love an SLR, While I am a mercedes die hard fan, I do agree with your comments regarding an italian exotic.. but on second thoughts, who is Ferrari owned by? not Fiat is it? he he

DB

·
Registered
09 ML350, 08 C300 sport 4Matic, 05 C230K, 98 ML320
53 Posts
If U can afford an SLR, Parking it anywhere is not an issue!!! $$outdaazz$$$$

1 - 20 of 34 Posts