Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Controls Radio, CD Changer, Phone, Navigation, etc.

I tried finding 'just the right amount' of info on COMAND, came upwith a short description from MB:<br> Console mounted screen and controls.<br> Manages the vehicles audio system, navigation system, and display settings.<br> Integrated with the multi-function steering wheel and display. <br> <br> Comes up kind of short I know. In a nutshell, it's not all that different than a radio with a built-in nav system, which actually makes it a pretty good deal when you realize how much a built-in nav system usually costs, and it actually looks pretty good in the car, not a pod-type system. One drawback is that the maps are CD-ROM based, other manufacturers use a DVD based, which gets you down to a single disc instead of around 10 discs to cover the US, buy there may be drawbacks to the DVD system i'm not aware of.<br> Consult the dealer or the www.mbusa.com website, I'm sure there is more comprehensive info available if you look around a bit.<br> Gilly<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Controls Radio, CD Changer, Phone, Navigation, etc.

If COMAND is coupled with the voice activated phone option the package provides a comprehensive one touch information and entertainment system. Some of the feature access is not completly intuitive and the operations manual is not well written-but with some exploration and info which occasionally appears on this board it becomes second nature to use. MB has done a nice job integrating the unit and the CD feature is not much of a drawback. The info link to the instrument cluster is excellent and gives you a mini HUD. Up front the options look pretty pricey, but you do get a lot for your bucks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Integration

...the stereo quietens when the phone rings or if the nav system is telling you to 'turn right in 500 yards'. The voice is especially sexy if you choose the Dutch girl!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts