Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously thinking of selling my 110cdi and have looked at connects, combo's, scudo's, doblo's, berlingos. Main reason is to try and get something thats newer or even new with a warranty. Would i regret this as i'd probably have a slower, more uncomfortable van thats not as nice to look at?? Who has or has had any of the other types?? whats the transit like now??

·
Registered
V220 CDI 2003
848 Posts
andyvito said:
I'm seriously thinking of selling my 110cdi and have looked at connects, combo's, scudo's, doblo's, berlingos. Main reason is to try and get something thats newer or even new with a warranty. Would i regret this as i'd probably have a slower, more uncomfortable van thats not as nice to look at?? Who has or has had any of the other types?? whats the transit like now??
Yeh you would regret it mate....why you ask?...well for one thing, we won't be there to help ....LOL :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
just remember, at some point, that warranty will run out. Then you may well be back where you started.
Also, modern vehicles with service plans are IMHO on the recieving end of one of the greatest cons of all time - when you were responisble for the serviceing costs of your new vehicle, sparkplugs/filters etc only lasted 15000km's, now that the dealer does it, they can last 45000km's, so on a 100000km warranty, he services it twice, any impact of these items will only now start making their effects felt.

Vehicle qaulity is an inherent thing, a fiat/renualt/puegotdo not in anyway compare to the likes of VW/Merc.
Also, once you have been used to modern day diesels and their performance you will struggle to deal with a berlingo type engine and will end up driving it harder than it can handle
...I have said this before on this forum, dont make decisions based on one lemon you bought, take a step back and decide whether you were suckered first time round or not......you pays your money, you lives with the consequence

·
Registered
Vito 111CDi 2004
1,109 Posts
I would consider a vw t5 as they are partly galvanised (as are vitos from 2004 onward) but all other vans, like your vito are going to suffer the same problems.

I think my vito looks mint so I am sticking with it until I buy another one (prolly the W639)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts