Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cd player is too old and doesn't read my burned cds. Can i buy 100 dollar cd player like JVC or pioneer cd player and just pop it in my car? Some people say i can and some people say i cant cause i have a mercedes radio which doenst make sense? So someone please tell me cause i want to get rid of my audio 10 cd player

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
Mr CLK 430 said:
My cd player is too old and doesn't read my burned cds. Can i buy 100 dollar cd player like JVC or pioneer cd player and just pop it in my car? Some people say i can and some people say i cant cause i have a mercedes radio which doenst make sense? So someone please tell me cause i want to get rid of my audio 10 cd player
The CD player in the trunk is connected to the head unit with fiber optic cable. So you need a fiber optic compatible CD player and the only one practically available is the one from Benz. In other words, you need to change your head unit if you want a different CD player.

·
Registered
'01 CLK 430
63 Posts
Have you looked into the auxilary cable that hooks up to the headunit. I installed it to my COMAND and it works with anything; iPOD, PSP, walkman, anything with a 3.5mm input (headphone plug). It installs in the glove box. If you want to know anymore I have pics of the install and a DIY write up. Let me know.

-Matt

·
Registered
E220 CDI (W211)
46 Posts
Matt Benz said:
Have you looked into the auxilary cable that hooks up to the headunit. I installed it to my COMAND and it works with anything; iPOD, PSP, walkman, anything with a 3.5mm input (headphone plug). It installs in the glove box. If you want to know anymore I have pics of the install and a DIY write up. Let me know.

-Matt
Hi Matt,
Do you mean the MB auxilary cable that connects to the AUX audio input plug on the back of the COMAND headunit?

On my headunit (Model No.: 6061) this plug has 3 pins:
1 Low frequency R
2 Screening
3 Low frequency L

Do you know what is the part number for this auxilary cable?
Can you provide this DIY procedure you've mentioned?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts