Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
from the pics that do show up i would upgrade to 15" stock wheels to give it a more update look, i would also upgrade the headlights, or even just put covers on them for now.... i'm doing euro headlights soon also.... other than dat the car looks good check out my car in my gallery i got custom taillights, clear corners and etc let me know what u think

·
Registered
mercedes 300sel
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your right, ur headlights look realy good, its the never us versions i guess? mine i fidn look awful but i rather save up to get euro instead of geting new lenses and then changing them. i can get used euros for 200$ so im definatly gona do that next. and i liek ur taillight, the clear taillights ive seen tend to be smoked but urs are cleaner, i dotn want them to look cheap like alot of clear taillights ive seen, where u get yours??
15" wheels are also on my list what tire width recomendation??
i also find that tinting on these black cars look great, but worried about takign a chance..
fender trim is debatable,
i thought i liked it until i saw some in person, looks terrible when the car isnt clean i find..
besides that maybe rear view mirror chrome?? hevent seen that on a black 126 yet. hard to tell.

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
From what I can see, you have a very nice example. Definitely upgrade to the stock (Euro) lights. [;)]

·
Registered
1983 300 SD; 2000 E320
1,099 Posts
I dissent. Having a 1983 myself, I prefer the stock headlights. But if you buy euro, perhaps you could sell me one or more of your lights.

The only thing I noticed is your driver's side floormat. Looks cheap. Get a nice MB carpet mat. Mine say 300 SD on them.

·
Registered
mercedes 300sel
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah the mats were for winter, canadian winters are bad, but its the last winter im doing gona buy a new car for winter. and the nice 300sd mats im buying there at the dealerships i beleive?? im saving up for those, there very nice.

and how much u want the headlights for?? i can sell you them now. left side bulb is dead. but that has nothign to do with the headlights.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
http://www.katmac.com/index.html Some of the people went here for their euro lights. They aren't to expensive, and are sold in sets. They also sell the smoked tail lights.

I like the Lucky Charm on the grill, gives the car character [:)][:)]

Attachments

·
Banned
1992 W126 300 SE
11,045 Posts
That's a lucky charm?-and there was me thinking you've been sneaking up on cowboys and gotten a little too close.

·
Registered
mercedes 300sel
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i kinda mike my horseshoe too, it came witht he car, and all i knwo about that thing is that every mercedes taxi in germany has a horseshoe on the grill. so im guessign thast what its for, the ex driver of my car, was a taxi driver from germany.

as as far as the euros i have a gues who buys mercedes to sell the pieces and hes got euro bosches for me for 200$ canadian, thast 160 us about..

as far as the smoked taillight, i realy dotn like them smoked, i prefere to find clear one.

as for clear corners what do you guys think? i think they look pretty good with black.

·
Registered
mercedes 300sel
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sure il accept that. the left headlight needs a new bulb, low beam dosnt work, hight beam does.. if you want these email me [email protected] il send them out right away if you want

·
Registered
1988 560SEL
195 Posts
Hi Ladybee, where in Canada do you get the euros for $200?? I would love to have a set. I'm in Nova Scotia.
Thanks

·
Registered
mercedes 300sel
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i knwo a guy here that for a living dismantles all sorts of mercedes, 123 126 201 ect. and sels parts im getign used bosh euros for 200$, hes got another pair, i dotn knwo if there bosh or not, if your interested i can get them for u. and anyother part u need for realy cheap.

·
Registered
'85 500 SEL, '87 Caprice 2dr.
44 Posts
I kinda like the stock lights on that, they have somewhat of an aggressive look to them on a black car. You could always change out the sealed beams to the HID type with the clear lense as an alternative. Nice car though, looks to be in really good shape.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts