Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is currently in a neighborhood just chillen bc i messed something up when replacing my waterpump. Well get this...So i go back today to try and figure whats wrong and how im going to get it back my house. I drive to the street where its parked and apparently my poor baby was involved in a hit and run while i was gone. My driver side front corner was plowed supposedly when a car backed out of the drive way across the street. I came to knowlege from a note left on my car by a neighbor a few houses down. I talked to woman and she told me the guy got out of car to see the damage then got right back in the car and bolted. I was so upset i spent the first few mins crying and the next cussing like a sailor. I was to pissed off to take a picture but ill be back at the scene tomorrow so ill show you guys then.
You know i would never be such a slime ball and hit someones car a just take off! Im even more pissed off the lady that witnessed it didnt take down a plate number wtf is wrong with people? I was thinking what was the point of you writing the note if u didnt even get a plate number? no decription of the car either...all i have is white suv. Have any of you guys ever had a similar day?

·
Registered
35,782 Posts
Taking the plate number suppose to be always the first thing.
Years ago my wife was rear-ended at the red light by dump truck with bad brakes. Her car was badly damaged, but still drivable. They guy told her to move the car on the other side of intersection and when she did, he made illegal turn and was gone.
For some time we've been checking area for trucks with scratches on front bumper (had good impression of bumper bolt on our cover) but to no results.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Having a witness suppose to make it easier with insurance.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Certainly file a police report and get the witness' statement about the white SUV in there. Depending on how hard the police want to work, they may talk to the folks in the house where the SUV was and find out who it was.

Len

1 - 3 of 3 Posts