Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Sport Package, 1984 Mercedes-Benz 500sel US Spec
302 Posts
ussun over in the 107 section has. I received some leather and carpet samples the other day. when asking for samples be very specific. I had to request some twice.

the carpet matched really well but the leather didn't so much. I got the samples within the week maybe 3 days after ordering them (free of charge)

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Blech.... GAHH.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,279 Posts
I've used both World Upholstery and GAHH.

I'll put it this way; I only go to World Upholstery if GAHH doesn't have what I'm looking for.

I've bought headliner material, leather armrest cover and carpet material from GAHH and was very happy with their service and products.

I had to buy the "mouse fur" fabric for the rear shelf from World Upholstery because GAHH doesn't carry that fabric. It worked out OK, but the fabric wasn't identical to the OEM fabric, neither the texture nor the color.

Her are links to both:
GAHH: Convertible Tops, Auto Interiors, Quality Convertible Tops
Mercedes W126 Sedan 280SEL, 300SE, 380SEL, 420SE, ,300SD & 560SEL seat kits, headliner and carpet set

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for clarifying Axel.

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Sport Package, 1984 Mercedes-Benz 500sel US Spec
302 Posts
after looking on their site, gahh is def. much better!

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Next time I'll be a bit more specific....One forgets that not everyone is as familiar w/ what's out there as 'you' are :p

Jonathan

·
Registered
190TD 300TD
31 Posts
Headliner

1991 560SEC have been looking for headliner material with no luck from either GHHH or World. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
68 Unimog TLF-8, 65 Unimog RadioBox, 63 L3304 Anti-Tank Gun Vehicle
61 Posts
What kind of Material are they looking for ?

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,210 Posts
GAHH

For those not familiar with GAHH - Top end upholstery shops like the one that did my 107 will only use GAHH products. Why? Fit and quality.

When I suggested World, my shop said if I wanted that, go find another shop to do the install. They are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
hi there - for those of you that have purchased headliners from GAHH... how complete or not were they? I purchased one for my W123 wagon and was not very satisfied with the completeness of the kit. Anomaly?

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,006 Posts
My Mothers Husband works for GAHH here in North Hollywood. They are the only company that has the actual Mercedes patterns, from Mercedes. They do VERY high end luxury cars and not just MB's If you have a 300 Gullwing, they are who you take it to.

They also make the Convertible tops too.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
well, interestingly, I purchased a kit for my 280TE restoration... they advertise that it is "ready to install" yet seemed quite incomplete. I'm chalking it up to error, but need to know for sure. they currently have my new, already purchased headliner, as well as my old one.

to me, "ready to install" means "no sewing machine needed"... am I expecting too much?

apparently, the headliner for the W123 comes from ACME; not made by GAHH in house.

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,704 Posts
used GAHH on my sec. reupholstered the car in 1997. done all the work myself on a weekend.

PERFECT fit, look, color. still looks and smells new.

·
Registered
1988 300CE Midnight Blue/Palomino; 1984 300D Orient Red/Palomino; 1994 E500 Black/Gray
247 Posts
I had a shop put a GAHH headliner in my 300CE and they said it fit perfectly. It has held up perfectly. I got front seat kits from German Auto Tops and they were perfect, too. Really nice leather, nothing stretched, nothing bunching, great product. They even offered to sew seat heating elements into the covers for no charge.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts