Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Working out the unimog 413 / having fun ?

Trying to recover a 3/4 ton Ram on 40's from a mud pot/hole

high centered , after friends fried a warn 12000 and almost tear up the bumper from other
big ram gets mangled with a warn 15000 with double line using a snatch block and couldnt get it out

i got called to help out (i was about a half mile playing in the rocks )

This its me (driving the unimog on second video)

first have tried pull from behind and the mog gets moved even i have tried to anchor against a boulder both front tires

first video shows how bad was the stuck you could see the mog on the distance behind the ram

so i decide to pull from the front and this its the result (secon video=

finally i get it out pulling the ram from its side using a land elevation on the side to pull it up and sideways

it was a lot of fun

same day at the playground (on the rocks)

·
Registered
U1550L/37 Doka, U1700L/38, Merc 1017A
1,563 Posts
hahahh. cool. mogs always come to the resque

in the past, i have done simillar pulls. what i find woks good is to actually go right up to the stuck vehicle and try to pull it up and back at the same time. the mud suction is harsh so you have to sort of free it up first.

·
Registered
1978 416.115
1,035 Posts
You really needed a mog SBU with a crane on the back for that one.

I've seen those pick up other mogs and dangle them in mid air.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,082 Posts
You really needed a mog SBU with a crane on the back for that one.

I've seen those pick up other mogs and dangle them in mid air.
One of the best pictures, I can't find it right now, but Truktor posted one of an SBU dangling a mini-mog with the picker, I think the comment was shaking the water out or some such.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the best pictures, I can't find it right now, but Truktor posted one of an SBU dangling a mini-mog with the picker, I think the comment was shaking the water out or some such.
i already have seen the pic you mention

i need to start saving to buy a sbu like that so i can pick up the 413 when needed

·
Registered
U1550L/37 Doka, U1700L/38, Merc 1017A
1,563 Posts
is this what you guys are talking about? when i grow up, i like to have a mog like that. (the white one) lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,729 Posts
That pic has always made me smile.

The ram was pretty well dug in, not to question too much but at what point did he realize more throttle is not the answer?

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
4,978 Posts
Nice seeing a mog being used for what its for. OFFROADING!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That pic has always made me smile.

The ram was pretty well dug in, not to question too much but at what point did he realize more throttle is not the answer?
actually in the video the camarograph ask what had happen and he say I am a stupid/ashole (in spanish "pendejo" )
and after that i should used more momentum and more throtlle :eek:

but actualy he its a very good friend of mine and he likes to off road very hard and its a good driver but on the last run of the year he allways like to do some show and if he didnt get stucked he say the trial/run wasnt worth /good enuff

i dont have to say both rams are sporting dynatracs , 40 splines on rear axles and 300m shafts with ARB's and atlas 3 speeds transfers cases and coilovers all around and 450 or more hps

(very capable rigs if you ask me) but they allways found a place that its a challenge/fun

and they also trust the mog could help to rescue them

and i do know they could help me if i will need but

"until now i have rescued them 3 times :D"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
other unimog this time a 404 being used in offroad (thi its from another friend of mine in mexico Df)

other more

the same 404 and a yota with v8 lt1 doubler and 404 axles

same guy (i dont know if he posts here too)

if you like to se some more offroad videos look under his user "Ronimog"

·
Registered
1970 406 Unimog with 9'2" Boss V-Plow....... 1974 404 Unimog Rock Crawler
874 Posts
Trying to recover a 3/4 ton Ram on 40's from a mud pot/hole

This its me (driving the unimog on second video) ...so i decide to pull from the front and this its the result (secon video=

Boy, that second video sure demonstrates how light these 406's are on the rear end. A 2000 lb. rear counter weight would of helped!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Boy, that second video sure demonstrates how light these 406's are on the rear end. A 2000 lb. rear counter weight would of helped!

just to clarify its a 413 nor a 406 (more like a 416 but 4 cyl)

i completly agree with you a counter weigths may have helped to get it out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts