Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make this topic to show you the work in progress or done on my 190E.

First of all here are some new pictures with the 190 itself (here you can observe the new stance of the car, with the fixed rear suspension and the MB sticker on the windshield at the rear-view-mirror point):

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Work to be done:

Replacement of the brake cylinder with a relatively new Girling type one:

Notive the 2 V outlets (front) and the H one (rear)

The brake cylinder pack: cylinder, reservoir grommets, cylinder gasket, brake fluid reservoir.

The cylinder seal package (notice the part number here)

Comparison with the old style seal O-ring and the new style one MB sent me from Germany: the old one is round in section and the newer is rectangular (better sealing and seating at sealing point IMO).

The "new" brake fluid reservoir

The package ready to mount:

Same in mounted position on the brake booster...

·
Registered
W124 300e
3,355 Posts
dam stefan, car looks good now. i like how the car sits a bit lower in the front, when are you gettin some rims for it :p

·
2.3-16 | A3 2.0T | 986 Boxster
5,048 Posts
Any more brake fluid of the floor? HA! What else are you going to rebuild! MAN! So many new parts in your car. It's almost got muscle car stance now, pretty nice. Is that a 505 I see in the background of the first picture? I'd like a Pug to futz with for a little while...

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
milosz87 said:
dam stefan, car looks good now. i like how the car sits a bit lower in the front, when are you gettin some rims for it :p
I'm not gettin any rims because I'm gonna sell it soon...

Kynyption said:
3rd brakelight mod is interesting.
I'm glad you like it, it was there before, and more it's adjustable on height... :)

milosz87 said:
im a sucker for rear headlrests
Hehe, they are cool aren't they, the white benz covers make them even cooler!

rjb190e said:
Any more brake fluid of the floor? HA! What else are you going to rebuild! MAN! So many new parts in your car. It's almost got muscle car stance now, pretty nice. Is that a 505 I see in the background of the first picture? I'd like a Pug to futz with for a little while...
Yeah, there is some work to do on this car, you'll all check it on this topic... :) I like the stance the car has for now, you'll see it even meaner with those eye-lids I'm gonna put on tomorrow... :) And yeah it's a blue Peugeot 505 there... kinda beaten and loud... :)

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One done project is the repairing of the triangle (broken brackets) and stiffening with rubber cushions so it won't bent again...

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've also bought and installed a new ignition cable harness holding bracket (in front of the engine)... you can also check the part number on it...

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
To be installed: a new inox steel muffler tip... (check the previous page on done or to be done work)

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To be done: change of the steering oil and filter (also adjusting the play screw on the PS)...

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Done: trunk carpeting (rubber backed thick carpet)

To be completed: carpeting of the trunk lid triangles (no more banging at lid closing, baby)...

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To be installed: nasty agressive eye-lids (glass silicone glue-on the headlight) together with the crosswise hood alignment...

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Done: rewiring of the rear windows regulators (with switches) and lubricating the rear electric windows sliding rails (smooth as silk, I think they were suspended long ago) and finishing the vinyl edges of the door panels (including the front doors)...

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Done: repair (the original adjusting system of both was damaged so I built other systems from scratch, the old mirrors were glued in place in the housing with silicone) of the electric mirror and manual adjustable one (including repairing of the frame, glass replacement)

1 - 20 of 173 Posts