Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a plain black version of the wood components or am I on my own on this one. The wood is just a little too frilly for me. Do they all just have double stick adhesive holding them? I carfully pried off the trim on the driver door with no issues but I'm a little skittish on tackling the dash area and the ash tray looks like its more trouble than it's worth, but one of these days when I'm bored I'll try it if I get feedback saying it's not that big of a deal to remove them.
Vin

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
21,261 Posts
Early base model ML's came with a carbon-fiber look instead of wood grain. Note that your 2001 has genuine wood, that is bonded with a metal sheet for safety purposes (to prevent splintering in an accident). The center console wood panel is easily removed (see here: http://mclass.grill.org/mlswitch ) The dash panel is also easily removed by first removing the radio (you will need the removal tools to insert into the slots to the left and right of the screen's hinge point) and then just pulling on the surround.

- RODNEY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts