Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
looks like an aftermarket install with a fancy wood trimed KUDA mount. i've seen that headset before but can't put a name to it

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz W114 280CE '73
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like an aftermarket install with a fancy wood trimed KUDA mount. i've seen that headset before but can't put a name to it
and what about the steering wheel?

I tought only the "half wooden" steering wheel was available as optional. I have never seen a full wood one before in the W140.

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,425 Posts
I had a Nokia phone with a wood face, it was just a special face to their otherwise generic analog phone. In the mid-1990's.

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
and what about the steering wheel?

I tought only the "half wooden" steering wheel was available as optional. I have never seen a full wood one before in the W140.
not oem.

that thing is terrible to hold... like a 1980s plastic corolla wheel. ugh :crybaby2:

neither is the exhaust. at least the end muffler

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
have you actually inserted a sim card and tried it?!

is this a tri band digital gsm unit

·
Registered
JP W140, Germany Imported W140(Fully Optioned), R230 SL600, W464 G500, W210 E320 Wagon
229 Posts
have you actually inserted a sim card and tried it?!

is this a tri band digital gsm unit
yup. i've tried it and it works, but I only have 1 sim from my iphone and it's PIA to remove from phone and put in car then put back in phone afterwards. So I am going to just buy a prepaid phone card + sim and put it on the car:D. but I rarely drive this car (only got 50k km) because I've got another 140 and r230 sl600 (3k mi) and two other lexus:D

and the phone on this car is much better than those built-in on the dash as those don't work nowadays:(

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
yup. i've tried it and it works, but I only have 1 sim from my iphone and it's PIA to remove from phone and put in car then put back in phone afterwards. So I am going to just buy a prepaid phone card + sim and put it on the car:D. but I rarely drive this car (only got 50k km) because I've got another 140 and r230 sl600 (3k mi) and two other lexus:D

and the phone on this car is much better than those built-in on the dash as those don't work nowadays:(
that's awesome. haven't seen this exact version. asian spec gets all the toys (that work) :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts