Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
What a joke. Their proud. I wish I had never had my bottom cushion fixed, but since it was under warranty I did. Stupid me. Took them three times to fix it, and to me the leather looks fine, but feels rougher. Not a very good design in the first place.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That's his way of telling you "we don't want to be bothered with this".

Aside from the upholstery work, this is a job that can easily be done by you I'd think. Probably simple R&R of the heating unit.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Is that the same for 'designo' seats?

My driver seat cushion only ever gets slightly warm - whereas the back gets very warm.

My car is under extended warranty - presumably that covers the seat heaters?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Best thing to do is put norm 320 heaters in it they never fail, I had to replace two on a 32 the other day, I put two in from a 320.

Well when I say I, My M8 did the job for me.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
If you do a search, someone replaced the ///AMG seat heaters with standard heaters. He said they worked fine and the cost was minimal. It might be worth a try, it's a given that the standard seat heaters are more reliable.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
The seat heaters are a wear item in the SLK32. Under warranty I had the seat bottoms replaced every year and the seat backs every other year. That is one way to keep the leather looking new ;)

When they go next time I will try the seat heater from the other models.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Does anyone have the part number for the heaters for the 230/320's? My dealer said they wont work and wont order them for me...
They WILL work, but it's not going to fit as designed. See if you can search the thread for the change out, the numbers might be in it somewhere. It also had some info on how to install the heaters.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
They will work, As I said had two done 2 weeks ago on a 32, Dont know how much as have not had the bill yet, But as he did not ring and ask, So it must be under £250 for the whole job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts