Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY .... after 4 days of HELL I finally finished installing the lift kit and adjusting the front. My torsion bars ar MAXXED out and it is ALMOST flush with the rear. But I'm not going to complain. It looks SOOO MEAN !! The numbers are as follows:

Before lift:

Front- 10.5"
Rear-11"

After lift:

Front- 12.5"
Rear- 13.5"

*Measurements are taken ground to frame ...

This is after driving around the neighborhood a bit so that it could settle. I think it will lower a little bit more after more driving, but I'm VERY happy with how it turned out. I would NEVER install another one because it was the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS EVER !!

All in all I'm very happy with the outcome and I will post pics later. Anyways THANKS a million to everyone who stuck with me through this ... a special thanks to Benz4dirt&sky for trying to help me out.

P.S- I would have taken measurements and pics of the lift kit, but I was just WAY to caught up in trying to install it. Oh well .. it's worth every penny to me !! [:p]

·
BenzWorld Post Whore
10 E350 4MATIC
3,832 Posts
WOHOOO! pa test drive naman!

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
RE: WOHOOO! pa test drive naman!

Great work. Now for those swampers! [:p] You'll have the baddest ML ever!

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Nice.

We have the country surrounded now.

Are you still going with bigger tires?

I am curious to see how they work out. They would give you another inch or two.

See what I mean about the change in the "look" that the lift gives you?

Especially with nice tires.

·
BenzWorld Post Whore
10 E350 4MATIC
3,832 Posts
Dont you need to get 4 wheel alignment done everytime you change ride height?

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
RE: Dont you need to get 4 wheel alignment done everytime you change ride height?

S4toML - 3/11/2005 10:09 AM
They aligned mine when I had it done.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE: Dont you need to get 4 wheel alignment done everytime you change ride height?

Hey guys, sorry for the delay !! I will be getting an alignment when I get my new bigger tires tommorow. But I tested out my lift off-road this weekend and I will post some pics of it in a few minutes.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DelJ - 3/13/2005 11:02 PM

So what has the lift done for handling? Are you now more prone to rollovers?

DelJ
Well it's just physics ... the higher the center of gravity the more prone to a roll-over it is. So yes, I'm more prone to rolling over. My truck still handles very well though. I dont plan on taking any corners fast .. so that small additional risk is non-existent for me.

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2000 C280
920 Posts
Don't discount the risk. The last time I drove on an icy mountain road I passed a Ford Explorer that was upside down on its roof. It was both funny and scary.

DelJ

MLOffRoad - 3/13/2005 8:11 PM

Well it's just physics ... the higher the center of gravity the more prone to a roll-over it is. So yes, I'm more prone to rolling over. My truck still handles very well though. I dont plan on taking any corners fast .. so that small additional risk is non-existent for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts