Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 clk 430 and have just recently had issues with the car not starting intermittently. It usually happens when I go on a 15 to 20 minute drive and leave it sitting for about 30 mins. When I get back in it will turn over and crank with no issues but will not start. This doesn't happen very often but when it does the check engine light comes on and after several tries it will fire up and drive just fine. The check engine light stays on but will auto shut off if no issues are detected 4 times. I wonder if this has anything to do with my key or some kind of kill switch. Anyone have any idea?

Confused....

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Hey padams. Welcome aboard.

Please take a minute to click the User CP link and complete your BW profile re: vehicle and location as that is often useful information to have.

Also as you familiarize yourself with the site you'll find that the creative use of the search function will result in the answer to your issue.

In this case you have all of the classic symptoms of a bad Crank Position Sensor. You can check for codes if you like (which never hurts) and then search for the code here. If you want to DIY the CPS it is easy enough, clearance is the hardest part and you can use the DIY sticky in the W210 forum, same setup in your 208.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts