Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Various!
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had/have the MB WIS programme on my PC, which is very useful, BUT, it didn't like AVG very much, and startup time was extended to a horrendous 2 - 3 minutes. Eventually I uninstalled it - Not.
Somewhere there are bits lurking that I can't find, startup time hasn't improved, and the whole business is starting to annoy me.
Any of you PC whizzkids out there have any ideas?
Thanks
Mick

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
Is this the genuine application provided by MBUSA for car owners or a workshop version copy? The latter one is not even supposed to uninstall that simply.

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Looks like an outdated WIS that someone sells. How could this be legal?

Have you looked at your registry for entries related to MB (Daimler-Chrysler or Daimler-Benz etc.). The installation video likely has an uninstallation guide too, usually those show that as a first step to reach a clean installation to what they sell.

·
Registered
Various!
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diesel Benz

The uninstallation guide on the DVD's is very informative, but unfortunately obviously doesn't remove all entries.

If you could give me a little info as to how to search the registry for specifics I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Mick

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Diesel Benz

The uninstallation guide on the DVD's is very informative, but unfortunately obviously doesn't remove all entries.

If you could give me a little info as to how to search the registry for specifics I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Mick
Sorry but you have to get help from someone else. I might not even be able to help but in any case I would consider it an illegal action in this case. Hope you'll figure it out on your own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts