Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to the Grand Prix Festival of Watkins Glen tomorrow and I entered my 416 doka in the Concours d'LeMons since the truck is yellow!!:D Should be fun, and I even get to do two laps of the old 6.6 mile road course in a Unimog!! I will take photos and let you know how I do!

·
Registered
1967 404 Unimog (Belgian), 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
253 Posts
Good luck. Though I must admit I don't agree that any Unimog fits the bill for this race. According to the web page it is for:

This event celebrates the oddball, the mundane, and truly awful of the automotive world.
Give 'em hell anyway. :)

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,266 Posts
To bad you don't have supercrawlers in the Yellow one ;) Quick, someone figure out at max RPM how long in lowest gear with whatever tires it would take to do a lap....

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,827 Posts
Well the maximum listed speed in 1st is 2.25mph so 6.6/2.25 puts us just under 3 hours a lap, discounting the elevation changes or running the line. That 6.6 is calculated from center line of track. At the listed top speed of 41.2 Von is still going to be white knuckling it with a just under 10 minute lap time.

The boot should be interesting at speed, everyone else is going to be slowing down while the mog goes in full bore never lifting.

Von I wish you well with your glacial laps. It's a beautiful track, mind as well enjoy the ride right?

·
Registered
1977 416 Danish Cargo Truck
100 Posts
Make sure they have a calendar in the timing shed so you can get your lap times at the end!

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well no response from Von yet, Hope he packed a dinner and some No-Doze.
HEY, I WON!!!!!!!!......................... well at least in my class. I won the WTF class. Got a bottle of "Kiss my ass" wine and "What car is that" book! Plus our two laps of the old road track was a ball as well. And we were not the slowest one there as well. One hotrod ran out of gas! The mog was a real hit with the crowd, and I bet it was photographed over 5000 times! Everyone who walked by had to take a photo and ask questions. So overall we had a blast and hope to do it again. And the close parking was a plus! By the way they loved the yellow color!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,450 Posts
Congratulations!!! Wish I could have seen their faces. Nothing like a Mog to stick out in a crowd.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
50 sec. in on this video you can see the mog!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts