Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2015 G63, 2008 CLK Black Series, 2016 GLE 300d
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought it. i worked for 6+ hours to no avail.

i tried it on my windows 2000, xp pro, and 98se -- no luck. the install says "loaded successfully" but it doesn't work. luckily, it uninstalled without problems.

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
Purchased two lots - the 5 disc version and the two disc version!Result = None work! Just as in life - you get what you pay for[:(]

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
03-g500 - 6/19/2004 2:21 PM

i bought it. i worked for 6+ hours to no avail.

i tried it on my windows 2000, xp pro, and 98se -- no luck. the install says "loaded successfully" but it doesn't work. luckily, it uninstalled without problems.
Did you install a Microsoft loop back adaptor?

·
Registered
163 Posts
figured out the password part, but once it starts installing,it goes great until it asks for DVD2, then I insert it and the install quits.[:(!]

nenad

·
Registered
560SL,380SL
4,012 Posts
I have the 5-disk set. It's difficult to install, because it's a really sophisticated program. It's an X-window Unix application ported to Windows with an xwindow server and a viewer. I'm a fairly industrial strength geek and I did not find it easy. The bad news for me is, that once I had it working, it wasn't really any more useful for my car than the 107 CD - it contained basically that and no more, except it was MUCH harder to use. I'm fairly sure that people had to go to classes to learn how to operate and administer WIS.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
I am not seeing where you guys are having problems. Put the disks in and in stall it. yes it stalls at some points, but you just have to let it keep going, dont shut it down, just let it keep chugging. I have never had a problem with this software, and looking up information is just as easy.

What do you guys not understand?

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,087 Posts
whoopdeedoo....you've never had problem so it must be the other idiots out there who can't install a simple program, eh? do you work for Microsoft too? they have the same Mission Statement

·
Registered
1988 300SE
16 Posts
I've purchased WIS on both CD and DVD and EPC on DVD from ebay. Fact is there's many different folk selling them and probably many different original sources. Only common theme is they're probably all rip-offs of original, superceded dealer sets.

They are not off the shelf, shrink wrapped applications and while I've got them all to work I have had to draw on a few years of computer experience and some lateral thinking to get there.

The average user may well struggle unless the seller provides clear instructions that are actually relevant to the set they sell.

So caveat emptor and snuggle up to a computer literate friend who likes a challenge.

At least in the USA I believe you can now buy the real thing for service manuals from MBUSA for a reasonable price.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
raymond- - 4/7/2006 11:34 AM

whoopdeedoo....you've never had problem so it must be the other idiots out there who can't install a simple program, eh? do you work for Microsoft too? they have the same Mission Statement
Must be idiots like you, i agree. And nope i do not work for MS, just a college student. But next time I stop by your joint, dont put my fries upside down, k thanks!

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
I purchased mine for about $70 with instructions. WIS is very easy to use. I noticed when I try to help people with the installation; there is always one CD that has nothing on it. I recommend that you check all CDs and if one CD is blank ask the seller to send you a copy of the blank CD.

I have attached a picture of the CD.

Attachments

·
Registered
03 ML500, 94 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR
975 Posts
Bayhas sell it for $14. It a 2 DVD which comes with a password. Look for him. Many people say they have a bad experience but I had a great one so check out for him.

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
BILLSONG said:
Bayhas sell it for $14. It a 2 DVD which comes with a password. Look for him. Many people say they have a bad experience but I had a great one so check out for him.
MANY??

it was only one guy who claimed he never recieved teh discs and wanted a refund, not realizing that the shipping and discs costed more than 12 bucks. and that i was doing it for "charity", just to help fellow mercedes owners out.

anyway, Mercedes came after me, so i siezed this illigal activity permenantly. No manual sales for me...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts