Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help - WIS recommendation?

I checked EBAY and there are several versions of WIS manuals for less than $20. Is there any version that can be recommended to use to fix the sunroof? I am trying to fix my sunroof which only opens 1 inch and stops. It tilts up and down OK.

Mercedes Benz E300 E320 E420 E430 E55 AMG W210 Service Repair NEW Manual | eBay

Mercedes EPC Dealer Parts Catalog & Diagrams + WIS & ASRA - Repair Manual DVD | eBay

MERCEDES BENZ ALL MODELS SERVICE REPAIR WORKSHOP MANUAL 1982-2015 | eBay

Any feedback is aprreciated

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,833 Posts
They all pretty much look like the same thing. I'd choose whichever seller you seem more comfortable dealing with.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rodney,
I ordered one that says it runs on Virtual PC Image. Hopefully I won't have problem installing and finding instructions how to replace what seems to be a broken sunroof cable or tube on the driver's side.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Your sunroof might just need to be reset. and / or clean and lube the tracks.
Page 232 of the owners manual. Raise it fully at the rear,then press the switch up for at least one second after it is raised.
Open it as much as possible,clean the slide tracks/rails then lube with a white grease or silicone grease.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Your sunroof might just need to be reset. and / or clean and lube the tracks.
Page 232 of the owners manual. Raise it fully at the rear,then press the switch up for at least one second after it is raised.
Open it as much as possible,clean the slide tracks/rails then lube with a white grease or silicone grease.
I tried the reset procedure an it did not work. That's when I discovered something is broken because when it tries to open it only moves on the right side so it gets out of alignment and stops after opening less than 1 inch. It still works to open and close up and down (vent position), so I could definitely feel something metallic is loose or broken along the track on the left side.

I am hoping I can take out the glass only and be able to replace the cable or tube, without removing the headliner, has any one had this problem?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do not know if the problem I had is the same, but my sunroof became stuck in the mostly open position (won't close) after traveling around at a speed of 50-55 mph. I saw some small bits of black plastic on the track and when I went to remove them, I lightly touched the plastic linkages that control the air deflector and those linkages just began disintegrating in my hand. I used only a light touch, so it was not as if I was bending or flexing things. The more I touched those parts, the more they fell apart. They clearly were the source of the debris on the track, and they consisted of badly embrittled plastic, although the air deflector itself was fine. I ended up clearing all the pieces away, removed the air deflector (it is still in the trunk), and things have been fine since. I haven't missed the air deflector, but then again, I don't sit in the back seat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my deflector must have flown away because i don't have one. Or the previous owner took it off. I did find the "Baffle Clip" that was holding it still sitting up there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts