Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Santa Fe LTD V6 AWD-Navi, '99 CLK 320 (traded for family mover), '96 200SX (SOLD) :(
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bashing my brains here guys. I cannot for the life of me open WIS, it shows me logged on (even under admin tools) but as soon as I clic on Wis to start it I get the Java installer open up and go to 100%, disappear and then...that's it. It just sits there. Any advice, or suggestions. Oh, it does this in IE and Firefox.

TIA,
Marc

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
My workshop computer wiz kid said to dump your java and download java again. The java program is faulty

·
Registered
'11 Santa Fe LTD V6 AWD-Navi, '99 CLK 320 (traded for family mover), '96 200SX (SOLD) :(
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My workshop computer wiz kid said to dump your java and download java again. The java program is faulty

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I'll be back on tomorrow with the results.

Marc

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,110 Posts
I dumped Zone Alarm, which couldn't get past Java being a virus and this fixed it.

I still get a Java "warning" to which I have to answer no.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once I gave up for the night and shut everything down, I went in and reviewed my firewall settings. Turns out I had missed giving permission to "Transbase/CD Database system (4)". I had given permission to the first three entries but apparently didn't for the last one. It now seems to work very well. And I'm glad I didn't have to reinstall anything, especially WIS.net. That would have sucked!

Now I have to learn how to navigate it :O Thanks for the quick reply guys, that was greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Marc

·
52,804 Posts
I dumped Zone Alarm, which couldn't get past Java being a virus and this fixed it.

I still get a Java "warning" to which I have to answer no.
I got the java warning and had to answer no for several days but not any more, why I do not know.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the java warning and had to answer no for several days but not any more, why I do not know.

I got that too. Something in regards to the Network not being secure.

Attachments

·
52,804 Posts
My warning appeared in Chinese and I could not read it so I clicked NO anyway lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts