Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT AN ERROR.......... THIS IS AN UPDATE WITH INSTRUCTION PDF

WIS presumably you've installed it FULLY onto your hard drive (both WIS and EPC) and got the activation code...... did you get past this stage?

IF its installed ok, what is its version <c:\program files\ewa net\version.txt> it should be equal to or newer than version 1.8.131.06

If installed ok, when it starts up (MUST be set up via internet explorer (pref version 7 but runs equally well under firefox)) it loads Java then asks if the browser should prohibit all dangerous and security issues...... answer YES it treats WIS/EPC startup as a trojan (it isn't)...... answer NO.

it should startup after a few minutes

NOTE WIS/EPC will NOT work if you have software that uses virtual port 9000, This occurs with McAfee Backup (part of McAfee internet security.... simply disable it in McAfee when you want to use EWA/EPC)

The EWA Icon should have the following command line (right click the icon, select properties, replace the "target" with <"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://localhost:9000/EWA-net> its ALL one Line including " at where they appear above but without < > if you're using Internet explorer replace Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe with internet explorer (firefox is quicker and easier AFTER initial setup

If it hasn't installed or you have more problems, reply here.

If you want to Re-Instal try the attached Instructions (one of many on ebay, but certainly one of the better ones... note a few of the illustrations/ instructions vary slightly from what you will see, not the writers fault..... mb do like to change things without warning

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi Malcolm,

I am trying to install WIS/EPC 09.2011.

My problem is when it tries to install the databases.

Once it gets to 9 of 26, I get the following message:

" Please insert a valid EPC DVD with the volume label DVDDA1. Press "OK" or "Browse..." to select the source directory manually. "

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a common problem, all I can suggest is insert each disc you have, one after the other.

This normally works as most copies of wis are identical, unfortunately they are originally on 10 DVDs which are crammed onto 3 or 4 (commonly) for cheapness.

if it doesn't work, all I can suggest is to contact your vendor....... I had a set in 2006 and after much trying I contacted the vendor and got a replacement..... the DVD had a fault on it...... it happens!

sorry I'm not more help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts