Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please send me the link or email me the file. I am installing command and would like to have the removal instructions.

Thanks

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
mjm4414 - 4/14/2005 10:50 AM

Please send me the link or email me the file. I am installing command and would like to have the removal instructions.

Thanks
Its pretty easy and almost the same as W203 but the top wood is a neat trick. Apparently you pull on the right till it pops out and then push it back so the left edge pops out.

Factory says to use cluster hooks

- remove shifter cover
- remove "ashtray"
- remove lower AC trim and AC controller
- remover upper console with buttons
- replace COMAND with DVD NAV.

Surprisingly it was always easier to work on the old W209.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~tobex/W209-radio-removal.pdf

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
45 Posts
I"ve tried to download the pdf but get an error. Please help. I've got a 2006 CLK 350 and need to remove the headunit, so any instructions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there
Can anyone email me WIS pdf how to remove the center console to remove radio in 2003 or 2004 CLK body type 209 ? I have searched the forum but all the links are not working. My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Keyhole,

I cannot believe that I will have to take apart the shifter stick assembly in order to remove the radio... in the old type there were couple of flat tools that you insert into a slot on the radio box and just pull the radio out...it is so involved and different in this case. Thanks again
Jacob24441

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,374 Posts
I've not done this myself... just read the procedure in the WIS.

The problem is that bits are sitting on top of the parts you need to get out. I can see that the gear stick in P is in the way when removing the ashtray. Maybe you could put it into N or R when the engine is running. Then switch off the ignition, leaving the key in place. You would have to be extra careful then.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just removed mine last weekend.

and yes, u have to remove the gear shift panel , follow by ashtray cover then centre console.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts