Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'95 C280
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wiring harness 202 440 79 05 was changed at dealer and stealership charged me 8 hours. My friend has '95 e320 and got his wiring harness changed 2 years ago and charged 3 hours at different (of course) shop.

Please advise me if 8 hours is standard for this service. I have paid in full but I am trying to negotiate the amount of hours spent on changing the harness.

Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1998 c230 170K
1,415 Posts
So the bill was about 1200-1400 usd? For the dealership this does not sound unordinary.
I think the going rate around here is about 100+ hourly rate or more. Have not been there since my tranny fluid change which costed about 350.
Doin12volt could advise you more about this since he has a specialty shop and is certified unlike myself. I am sure he would charge much less.
The dealer also probably included "shop tools" and "testing" for the install for the "concern". B

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
Love that "book rate" servicing. I understand both sides of the issue but the set rates always seem to slanted in favor of the shop.

·
Registered
85 300 TDT
2,260 Posts
Not to rub it in, but I watched a couple of techs do mine together, after hours in a buddy's shop, in a little more than an hour. If only the harness was the worst thing about that 202. god I hated that car.

·
Registered
'95 C280
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's fine, you can rub it in.

What I am looking for is the substantial information how much time is standard time to replace wiring harness.

I am planning to call few numbers tomorrow and average out if 8 hour labor charges are appropriate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts