Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys excuse my ignorance. I have been told I need to replace the wiring harness in my E320 95. Can anyone tell me where this is located...engine compartment? interior of the car?.....???????? Does anyone know how much this part sells for?
Thanks for your help!!!
Godbless!!!!

·
Registered
500E, E320, 190E, E55
1,006 Posts
They are talking about about the main engine harness which has connectors for fuel injectors and many other sensors. Yes, it is in the engine compartment.
It is a pretty expensive part even if you find one at a discount. They are prone to failure on M104 and M119 engines due to the excessive heat contained in the engine compartment which tends to bake the insulation right off the wires which could cause exposed wires to touch eachother and cause a multitude of problems. While you do this you may as well give your car a full ignition tune up.

·
Registered
95 E320 Cabriolet, 140K
1,332 Posts
Yes, it's the engine wiring harness... pretty much all the wiring around the engine. It all connects to a bulkhead behind the battery. About one to two feet from the bulkhead along the wiring is the part number. Get this part number before ordering a replacement because there are two part numbers for the 95 model year. You'll want the right one.

Depending on which part number you have, it can cost either $550 or $800 (roughly).

It's not too difficult to replace for the DIYer.

·
Registered
W124 E220 1992 (a)
60 Posts
here is some DIY info:

http://www.mercedesshop.com/wire_harness/1994_e320_harness.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts