Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
W124 250D 1991
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning , I'm looking for diagram with all electric part for 250D, I've got problem with interior lamp , electric fan, lot of other places , I've controled all fuses but I can't find any problem source.
Electric diagram can be very usefull , I find only 250D turbo, but it's not complet the same.
Best regards

·
Premium Member
1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1993 300CE Cabrio, needs some TLC
7,111 Posts
unluckily, the only wiring diagrams generally available are for the US models, and the 250D was never sold here.
but all the interior stuff should pretty much be the same for vehicles with the same options, from the same year.

here's the ETM for all US models up to 1992. http://freescruz.com/.priv/W124/w124CD1/Program/ETM/ETM.pdf

one complication, virtually all US models had the electronic automatic climate control system, while most world market cars have a much simpler manual climate control, or even no air conditioning, so the fan control stuff differs quite a lot.

that said, fan problems are generally A) the strip fuse near the main fuse block, B) the power regulator/resistor block under the fan motor, or C) the fan motor itself. if you change the fan motor, its nearly always a good idea to change that regulator/resistor block at the same time.

·
Registered
W124 250D 1991
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello , thank You for very fast response:), infact I found only american market diagram and without of my 250D.....but fortunately I've got iatlian version and there was with electronic control system.
So I have to verificated this diagram, i tryied attack 12V on the fan cable (near the device) and it works, so it must be problem with cable. Other question I cut of (because was burned) big one fuse in the small black box on the right side part the engine space ,maybe You know what is it?
Best regards

·
Premium Member
1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1993 300CE Cabrio, needs some TLC
7,111 Posts
hard to say for sure, but that looks like the strip fuse for the fan.

the fan power cable goes down under the fan motor to a 'power module' or 'resistor' thats under the fan motor. if you have the ECC system, its the power module, if you have a manual system with a fan switch with N fixed speeds, its the resistor block. in the ECC system, this power module has 5 connections, ground, power from the strip fuse, control signal from the dashboard ECC controller, and 2 wires to the actual fan motor, the power module acts like a signal amplifier to run the fan motor.

·
Premium Member
7,111 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts