Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2003 108CDI and the actuator for the driver's door central locking is missing. Not prepared to pay the price for a "genuine" so I will use an aftermarket actuator.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram, or can suggest a decent manual for this, as I have a "Peter Russek" manual which includes very little, and most of what it does is useless or incorrect?

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,889 Posts
LOL, it took me a week to research the 638 van, not sure if 2003 is 639 but it is unlikely that there will NOT be a singe schematic diagramme for the van. WIS includes about a tonne of material and sifting through it is a nightmare for a novice (me).

PM me the VIN, engine type and gearbox type, if I can find my way I will extract the diagramme for you.
LHS or RHS door?

WIS/ASRA is the only place that provides a salvation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is definitely W 638 - made in 2003, one of the last made in Germany. They did also make 639s in Spain in 2003, but this is the 108CDI - the old 82 HP engine (though I have remapped it to about the level of a 109.) Right hand drive, but the driver's door wiring should actually have the same colour coding for both. It's a bit too dark and wet to get the VIN tonight.

What is this WIS you speak of?

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,889 Posts
Workshop Information System

Comprehensive replacement for Service manual, workshop procedures and build variations.
If you ask me, a bit too much comprehensive but nonetheless has any info one can ask - if you know what to ask and how to find it (teutonlogic in full swing)

Not good without VIN and gearbox type.

Cannot do much before Monday

Where in Aus are you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Melbourne. I can't publish my VIN on a public forum as it allows access to too much personal information and I don't know how to specify the transmission apart from 5-speed without finding the part number.
I stuck a meter on the wiring and it seems the wiring to the motor is not connected. I will trace it back and if necessary just parallel it with another door (buffer with some MOSFETs to be safe.)
There is a second switch which is different to most cars, but I will figure it out.

·
Registered
1999 Vito 113 638.114
39 Posts
Melbourne. I can't publish my VIN on a public forum as it allows access to too much personal information and I don't know how to specify the transmission apart from 5-speed without finding the part number.
I stuck a meter on the wiring and it seems the wiring to the motor is not connected. I will trace it back and if necessary just parallel it with another door (buffer with some MOSFETs to be safe.)
There is a second switch which is different to most cars, but I will figure it out.
Touch of paranoia is always healthy. Give rego number then and it can be looked up on VicRoads website.
WIS is specific to your vehicle - it only shows the parts and diagrams and documentation specific to your model.
You put in the VIN at the start and it brings up the relevant information without any other clutter, hence why Djenka018 is asking.
A wiring diagram and parts diagram will assist.
General hint: The partsouq.com website also may have exploded diagrams that are useful.
You will have to put in your VIN number there also!

Did you eventually nut out the problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts