Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 E320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This to the best of my knowledge does not have a amp since the wiring connector looks to have wiring to each speaker.
Does anyone have one that they can post or if not post tell me what each wire is. I know the top connector is for the CD changer but I need the big connector.
Also any suggestions on a adaptor for the antenna that would plug into a after market headunit

thanks

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
C is mostly diagnostic pins, CAN bus and such, plus some wiring to the CD changer. You can use an adapter marked for VW, cheap and readily available from any car stereo shop. Same with the antenna adapter. You will lose speed-sensitive volume unless you go Blaupunkt, or perhaps some JVC units or high-end Pioneer do that. You will have to move a wire to get the GALA signal out for speed-sensitive, since the aftermarket units don't usually have that wire. The power wires might be wrong, easiest spot to get the ignition-switched wire is from the cigarette lighter. Don't forget to connect the blue+white 'antenna turn on' wire to power the antenna amplifier. Otherwise, everything follows the color code, use some bullets and a good crimp to put the adapter and head unit harness together. Blaupunkt radios are plug-and-play in many Mercedes, particularly late-90s.

Almost forgot: if you have Bose, you have an amp, but it uses the signals from the speaker output pins. You will pick up hiss unless you connect to the line outputs instead of the speaker outputs, and then you need 7V outputs to get full volume. You can also use the speaker outputs with a line level interface, PIE and others make them. The blue-white wire turns on the Bose amp as well, so if you lose output when you switch from the radio to CD, your head unit is turning off the 'antenna' wire and you will need to splice it to the ignition-hot wire instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts