Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Non MB 1975 Volvo C304, 1958 Kramer U540, 1959 unimog Westfalia 411
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched and now I will ask for any input /knowledge regarding the wiring in my 406 and a diagram detailing circuits and the wire colors. I will include a pic and spare the description. I recently noticed the wire to the accessory power port under driver side dash to be burnt. I would like to start today and can't get to manuals till tomorrow regarding schematics. Several of the wires are not terminated so I don't know there function and some shorts make ringing them out challenged.I will add pic in a bit. I see a few jumpers I will sort out as it gets light out but anyone who is in the know please chime in. I have the fuse layout.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks the pics help, I have removed fuse and terminal blocks to replace damaged wires and in the process have found many loose and disconnected wires. I can compare the fuse layout and wire colors on your rig to maybe make quick sense of these wires not terminated on my rig and what they function. A little tracing and I will make sense of it all. Thanks again and welcome aboard.I don't know how the frown got there but I suspect I swiped it and now can't delete oh well nothing left to do but smile smile smile.. How about some more pics of your rig Renaud. Thanks again for all input.

·
Registered
1978 416.115
1,035 Posts
Thanks the pics help, I have removed fuse and terminal blocks to replace damaged wires and in the process have found many loose and disconnected wires. I can compare the fuse layout and wire colors on your rig to maybe make quick sense of these wires not terminated on my rig and what they function. A little tracing and I will make sense of it all. Thanks again and welcome aboard.I don't know how the frown got there but I suspect I swiped it and now can't delete oh well nothing left to do but smile smile smile.. How about some more pics of your rig Renaud. Thanks again for all input.
My 416 has about 6 wires connected to the fuse block, but a lot connected to the terminal blocks. No idea why his DoKa has that many wires???

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Pelican your effort and others are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Unimog 406
8 Posts
HI Pelican

Any chance you could mail me the scans direct to my e-mail. I am guessing that even though you have scanned them at 600 , when they upload here they get rescaled. Even on your second posting, the small writing along the wires them selves is not readable at this end.
I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Many thanks

Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts