Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Wiring Diagram for W126 420SEL. Please Help!!!!!

13K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Teutone 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a diagram for the W126 420 SEL radio wiring harness ??? I'd like to replace the factory radio with JVC head unit, but I don't anything about the color codes....Help!!!!!

#3 ·
depends on year. Note that this is not an easy job. If yoiu dont understand the MB radio wiring, do not even attempt this--youi willnot be happy with the result and youi will have wrecked the original wiring. The radio schematics are in the manual on CDs. Charlie

#4 ·
Consider running all new wire via the two speaker amp wires behind the back seat. I did this and was very happy with the results. This leaves the factory wiring intact and if you use larger gauge wire, your sound will be cleaner. *I suggest replacing the factory speakers since they run on 2 ohms, not 4 ohms, which most head units use.

Here's the link for when I did this: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w12...wiring-issue-w126.html?highlight=300se+wiring

#6 ·
Dont want to sound rude ,but if you cant sus out wiring for a stereo with a multi meter and common sence you should probly have a pro install it.
For best results just forget all the factory wiring get new speakers and redo the whole lot from scratch.

#7 ·
Welcome. To take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies. It will show how to search the forum, and even has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#. The forum archive has a wealth of information, incl. many write ups re your topic.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.