Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes B 250 E
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the CarlinKit to add a wireless CarPlay option. It's available on Amazon through the manufacturer's store, but cheaper if you order directly from their website carlinkitcarplay.com. NOTE: it ships from China but takes a week to arrive. I had no delay with USPS surprisingly.

In any event, I only tried it while parked and my phone had absolutely no issues connecting.

It appears to use a Bluetooth connection between the phone and device and the device appears to recognize that it's connected to a Benz vehicle. You don't specify the vehicle when you order, just need to make sure your vehicle is on the supported list. The Mercedes B 250 E was listed.

The unit is very small and lightweight. I used velcro to affix it to the underside of the storage compartment lid so that I could still utilize the "floor" space.

It comes with a short USB-C TO USB-A cable.

I tested Spotify while parked and there was a short moment of buffering and then streaming was fine; I'll have to send an update on prolonged use.
Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile phone Gadget Material property

Hand Watch Communication Device Finger Bumper

No affiliate, no ads, I just want to share the joy with you.
(U2W Plus) Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay Adapter Dongle for Wired CarPlay

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
9,702 Posts
For your benefit and all the readers,
Please complete your BW registration profile
so members may better assist you, seeing and knowing what you drive.
Goto your ===> user CP profile====> click on your icon (top right corner of the webpage) ----> then click on "Account Settings"----> goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR (i.e.. 01 e55amg) into your Profile ----> click save.
YOUR vehicle info will show/display under your username & avatar (on the left side) once it is completed. THEN members will see & know what you drive if replying), instead of scanning your post or scrolling thru a thread.

Some READING for you, to help you navigate, etc., thru BW, in future:

Moving this out of General and over to the Audio Forum.

Reactions: afroazkhan
1 - 2 of 2 Posts