Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

wipers, washers & windows not working

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jhodg5ck 
#1 ·
Hi All, ive got here a 91 300E WDB124, (European model) I have just changed the ignition lock & barrel as the old decided to pack up, the key and barrel was so worn the key wouldn’t turn. The next day the girl that owns the car called me to say the washers, wipers and electric windows don’t work, the windows only work when the door is open (ive seen the other posts about the diode behind the fues box, I’ll check that tomorrow) as for the washers & wipers ive checked everything is connected, the fuses and everything seems fine. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be, maybe the washers and wipers haven’t worked for ages its just my luck that it rained the day after and she needed to use them, hasn’t rained here for about 2 months now. Also what does the little black switch on the front of the ignition lock do, it has 4 connectors & 2 little plug plugged into it?

Thanks
Steve

#2 ·
Did you change your fuses just to be Sure??? I've seen quite a few fuses (esp. the lousy aluminum kind) that looked fine but were in fact not.

Change your fuses out to copper and start from there.

Jonathan

#3 ·
Yes, Good idea to change all the fuses to copper. Good idea to also give them a twiddle when seating them between their contacts, to make sure there is a good connection.

In fact give 'em all a bit of a twiddle right now, before you hop into the car to go to buy the new set. It wouldn't hurt, and you might find the problem solved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.