Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've done endless searching for a solution to my windscreen wiper problem on my 1994 C180. It's not the normal problem as covered time and again by these forums.

It's hard to explain so I attached two small video clips showing the problem. In the first clip, I switched the wiper onto the 2nd setting, then off. You can see it stops in a random place. Then I put it on intermittent (2nd clip). You can see it's very intermittent and also stops in random places.

I've taken it to a couple of mechanics and they don't know. They always suggested the switch? But I took the switch apart and it all seems fine and well lubricated still.

Please someone help!:surrender:

Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does no one have or has had this problem? Is there no one that can give any suggestions? So it really is a problem with a difference......

Let me know if anyone can't view the attachments and I'll try make a plan to change the format...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have a more nmild case of what you have It slows down to about 2Inches per second right in the same spot yours does it has never gotten stuck for me like that btw. And I only notice it do that when it is really really cold. I thought it was that I needed lithium grease near the sliders or where the wiper is motioned upward but the roller.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a more nmild case of what you have It slows down to about 2Inches per second right in the same spot yours does it has never gotten stuck for me like that btw. And I only notice it do that when it is really really cold. I thought it was that I needed lithium grease near the sliders or where the wiper is motioned upward but the roller.
Mine is not like that at all. When it's on one of the two uninterrupted settings it is 100% fine. It's only when I switch it off that it stops in a random place, or when it's on intermittent it is very intermittent and stops in random places...I have greased it like the one website suggested, but it didn't do anything.

Anyone got any other ideas?:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts