Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 e320 with wiper that when stalk is clicked on the SRS light comes on weak and sometimes bright and flickers. Sometimes the wipers do work but most of the time the SRS light comes on and the wiper will not work. Wiper motor was replaced with a new one but still the problems occur. This is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
wiper that when stalk is clicked on the SRS light comes on weak and sometimes bright and flickers.
If they are not any fault codes that can help, I would check the ground connections, battery, chassie and make sure the connections to wiper, under the dash regarding the wiper arm are firmly connected. This "light comes on weak" could very well be a faulty ground, loose connection and easy to eliminate out of the equation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Take apart the wiper arm assembly, clean it and lube it, it draws excessive power, leaving not enough for the SRS wich feeds of the same branch. I have the same thing particularly after just starting up the car, when the battery is still weak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts