Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

wiper motor wiring schematic

37K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  43sqd 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#4 ·
Wiper motor version changed around 02/99. From previous posts looks like internal gear broke. He bought motor from fleabay had it shipped to Hawaii. And now he's stuck.

And gameboy plyers will still insist that providing accurate information about their sleds is irrelevant.

#5 ·
Well,

Instead of getting off the car, lifting wiper and removing twig from under it, I, activated the system, tryed to lift the arm as it swang by but instead, held it and ... it strip the center of plastic gear.

That's right, stupid is as stupid does.

#6 ·
There are separate gears available for W140, etc.. I haven't seen any myslef for the W163.

However, it looks like Cardone (a major volume rebuilder) offers rebuilt units thru outlets one wbe outfit photo "looks" like it includes gear housing - for $76 + $40 core.. I'd check by phone, photo's can be deceiving sometimes on this shit.. I have seen other photo's (Autozone) that look at $60 + $15 core that look like they might not have a gearbox..worth checking shit out closely on reman's..

Mercedes Ml320 Windshield Wiper Motor - A1 Cardone, ARC, Bosch, Febi, OEQ, SWF - 2000, 1999, 1998

#14 ·
That's the only unit they had.
When I looked it up and called them. It did fall into the "up to 2/99" category.
I call a friend at the mb dealer in parts and he said that there is 3 different versions of the motor and it requires a vin to confirm the right one.
I just called another yard that has a unit and they informed me it's the larger plug unit (the wrong one for my application)
I can certainly take it back, but I'm trying to "patch together" the my suv, like I mentioned for another few months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.