Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks- I have a 2008 ML350 that currently has 16000 miles on it. I have no complaints with it so far. Been great. There is one inconvenience I noted with it, and wanted to see if most of you have the same issue as well. When the outside temperature goes very low(cold) the wiper fluid doesnt seem to come out. It works great when when the temperatures are warmer.

I never had this kind of issue with my previous cars. The dealer said he had fixed it by putting in some winter solvent for the wiper fluid and that it should work. But it doesnt.

Just wanted to see if any other ML350 owner noticed this as well? If you know, how this can be fixed, also, please let me know...thanks you all.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We have had this problem with each of our M-Classes where they had original washer fluid in the washer fluid tank. The best solution was to empty the tank and purge the system. Either siphon or use up the remaining fluid and replace it with fully concentrated washer fluid and do not dilute it during the summer. If the lines are currently frozen you may want to try a hair dryer, parking in the sun, parking in a warm garage if you have access or using a larger heater to heat the engine compartment to thaw the lines.

Jim W.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just returned from a horrible trip back to Iowa. I'm glad I purchased some "Winter Fit" from the dealer to add to the washer fluid. It did well in melting the ice that formed on the wipers and windshield. The wipers are great for rain but not too good for ice. The ice was 3/8" thick and I had to chip away at the nozzels to let the fluid out, the fluid then did a good job.

Has anyone found some good winter blades for the 164?

I lost a tip on the drivers side blade, but pushed the clip towards the end and made the 850 mile trip OK, even in heavy rain in Tn. and Al.

Will replace the wipers with stock for the rain we have and would like some winter blades for those times I lose my sanity and want to visit in winter again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts