Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a stop light and noticed something was different with my wipers..It hardly rains here in Texas,so that is why I haven't paid much attention to them..

Has anyone else noticed their windsheild wipers direction when on? Mine start from LEFT to RIGHT and appear to be backwards compaired to most of the cars in my area. Why is this?

·
Registered
1995 S500
379 Posts
smojo said:
I was at a stop light and noticed something was different with my wipers..It hardly rains here in Texas,so that is why I haven't paid much attention to them..

Has anyone else noticed their windsheild wipers direction when on? Mine start from LEFT to RIGHT and appear to be backwards compaired to most of the cars in my area. Why is this?
I wish people used the "SEARCH" button more often. It feels much better to reasearch something before you post.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w14...ers-go-opposite-way.html?highlight=wiper+left

Read the 3rd post

·
Registered
420SEL
1,298 Posts
Ouch...little harsh there dont you think. I am sure in your time you have made a post or two that resembled this one.

·
Registered
1995 S500
379 Posts
Tbilisi79 said:
Ouch...little harsh there dont you think. I am sure in your time you have made a post or two that resembled this one.
I have on other forums and found out about the search button the same way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have never heard of a Windshield being referred to as a "windscreen". My Windshield does not screen the wind from me, it shields the wind from me.

searched for the word:wipers, and see what ya get.... "windscreen"? nope.

peace.

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
smojo said:
I have never heard of a Windshield being referred to as a "windscreen". My Windshield does not screen the wind from me, it shields the wind from me.

searched for the word:wipers, and see what ya get.... "windscreen"? nope.

peace.
What a funny guy. I think the reason then why the wipers do this is so they clear the drivers side first. My car is a right hand drive and the wipers when you are sitting int eh car swing from the right to the left.

·
Premium Member
2016 E350 4matic Luxury Sedan, 2011 E350 Avant Garde Cabriolet
1,941 Posts
Windscreen in the British way of describing what Yanks call the windshield. We call it "die Windschutzscheibe".

Viel spass!

·
Registered
S500
54 Posts
DaimlerChrysler said:
Windscreen in the British way of describing what Yanks call the windshield. We call it "die Windschutzscheibe".

Viel spass!
The British way = The correct way

Know what I mean geezer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts