Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning benz crew!

I"m i'm in need of new wipers as the current ones are on the car since 2011, they are starting to smudge the shield and not doing the job anymore.

Can anyone point me to whats good out there?

Are the OEMs Bosch? I really like the OEM ones..

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Usually the dealers will replace them as part of the service. Even independent shops that service MB would replace them as part of service.
A good place for a DIY is Costco, they have the goodyear ones that I use on my other cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just purchased these about a month ago from Amazon. I really like them, does the job good or better than the OEM ones the Dealer installed a year ago! Bosch 3397118938 Original Equipment Replacement Wiper Blade - 24"/24" (Set of 2). You should clay bar your windshield or use a glass polisher. I normally clay bar and use a spray wax. I have a perfect wipe on each pass of the wiper!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just purchased these about a month ago from Amazon. I really like them, does the job good or better than the OEM ones the Dealer installed a year ago! Bosch 3397118938 Original Equipment Replacement Wiper Blade - 24"/24" (Set of 2). You should clay bar your windshield or use a glass polisher. I normally clay bar and use a spray wax. I have a perfect wipe on each pass of the wiper!
What is "clay bar"?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,842 Posts
A clay bar is just that - a bar of clay, ordinarily used to remove a thin layer of dirt or oxidation. It is sold for the purpose at car parts stores.

One very good (and inexpensive) glass polisher is Bon Ami cleanser - yes, the stuff sold for use on fiberglass tubs and sinks. There are probably other brands but don't use something like Comet, which is harsh. Be sure whatever you use is made for fiberglass - you'll be OK. But be SURE to throughly rinse and clean off the windshield after using it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
Mad Dawg 350
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing