Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace theirs yet? How much do they cost?...almost afraid to ask. Is there any alternative to buying them at an MB dealer?

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
on my car prior to this one...I had replaced them, not hard at all....but certainly a huge difference....

I don't recall what they were exactly, but....they certainly didn't take care of the windshield as the stock ones did. Just thought I'd mention that.....

You may find a brand that works just as well....and I'm with you there, I too am afraid to hear how much blades would cost! ha!

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
shark22 - 5/1/2005 7:59 AM

Anyone replace theirs yet? How much do they cost?...almost afraid to ask. Is there any alternative to buying them at an MB dealer?
they cost more than 10x the price of regular wiper blades i'm afriad.

They are known in the industry as Visioflex (valeo trademark) or Aerotwin (a bosch trademark) wipers.

here is a link to an aftermarket supplier in Germany, so clearly you can get cheaper than the dealers price if you can find a supplier!

http://www.shop.aubu.de/catalog/index.php/cPath/1068_1285?AUBU=459e7618d4191a89e3584f6080e54f80

Attachments

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rickboy, would have never expected to find them there! Unfortunately they don't list the '05 SLK, but i can just measure the wipers on my car and call them.

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
I personally would recommend PIAA silicone wiper blades. You never have to change them and the silicone blades actually coats your windshield and makes it act like if there was Rain-X on them. I had them on my Civic for 5 years and the wipers were still as good as the first day I bought them. I'd measure the length of the stock ones, then go to www.autotoys.com (that's where I shop) or some other site where they sell the PIAA wipers and get them. I'm not sure about Mercedes fitment (I'll deal with it when I have to change them) though in terms of the clips. I'll do some research and re-post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts