Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've often found the wiper blades on my c240 too noisy when clearing rain from window - the noise the rubber blade makes when contact with windshield (not the wiper motor) - this happens occassionally - even when an adequate amount of rain is on the windshield (not on a dry window).

I haven't read the manual or visited the dealer yet to see if there is some tension adjustment to be made - has anyone else experienced this?

Also did anyone read the article in the most recent "Benzo" mag - Apr./03 on FFS -- an interesting article...

thanks,
dan

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Try...

I've often found the wiper blades on my c240 too noisy when clearing rain from window - the noise the rubber blade makes when contact with windshield (not the wiper motor) - this happens occassionally - even when an adequate amount of rain is on the windshield (not on a dry window).
Cleaning the rubber blades perhaps? Have you tried a product such as NoTouch Glass Stripper? It works wonders at removing all of the oil/debris that is embedded into the windshield over the months.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I heard that alcohol works too. Try on an test area first to see if it leave a residue....

I heard that alcohol works too. Try on an test area first to see if it leave a residue.

-SonOfC320

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
No, never use alcohol...

I heard that alcohol works too. Try on an test area first to see if it leave a residue.

-SonOfC320
It will degrade the rubber and will cause the wiper blades to streak like heck! [:0]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts