Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having this issue recently where the wiper arm will loosen the 13mm nut enough to break free. I had replaced a burnt out motor the past weekend with a brand new one, tightened everything up and it all worked great for about 30 seconds then the blade stops and i hear the motor spinning. I check and the nut is fully loosened and sitting at the tip of the bolt. I tighten it down again, same thing happens. I decide to go straight for the Loctite blue and it works... Almost for a whole 30 minutes! The arm does have a ring engraved where the teeth of the nut dig into it so I know it's not helping to have a locking nut on there. The Loctite should have done the trick unfortunately it still broke loose. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Should I replace the arm the motor shaft runs through? Use Loctite red? What is causing so much vibration just from daily usage that would cause a tightened lock nut with loctite to break free?

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor
141 Posts
I had this problem when I replaced my motor as well. What I gathered from other forum posts is that you need to press the wiper arm onto the motor. I used some channel locks to clamp it tight, and tried lightly hammering the wiper arm (I do not recommend this, but I was sick of repeating the procedure on the 3rd time. If you do, I recommend supporting the wiper arm and motor from underneath to avoid damaging anything).

Considering how strong that wiper motor is, it's no wonder the nut loosens so easily. The nut is just there to keep the wiper arm from lifting off the serration on the motor spindle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts