Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wipe New | Car Restoration Cream - Full Analytical Review

Saw the commercial. Was wondering if anyone had used it yet or not and their review? From Googling, I found out that customer service sux especially when ordering and privacy concerns. Also, not the best practices in selling the product.

However, I am more interested in the product itself and was wondering whether it is all that its hyped up to be.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would still like to know if anyone here has used the product.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
I think it's the same as the latest stuff with "advanced polymer formula" from Armor All an other company. They all claim for no need to buff, just wipe on wipe off to incredibly shine and protect the paint.
Armor All - Product Detail
The Armor All Extreme Shield Wax is only $5 after rebate at many stores (Pep Boys, O'Reilly, ...)

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's the same as the latest stuff with "advanced polymer formula" from Armor All an other company. They all claim for no need to buff, just wipe on wipe off to incredibly shine and protect the paint.
Armor All - Product Detail
The Armor All Extreme Shield Wax is only $5 after rebate at many stores (Pep Boys, O'Reilly, ...)
I was much more interested in the black plastics on my SUV. Everything that I've tried just washes away and leaves it even worse looking than before, including Armorall and Mother's Back to Black.

This product claims a longer life. That is why I was interested in this item and was wondering if anyone here has used it. They claim a 2-year money back satisfaction guarantee.

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This product is obviously something you’re very interested in. Why don't you buy it and do a review for the forum and let us know your findings?
Looks like I may have to do just as you suggested. However, I really wanted a professional detailer to chime in.

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very few 'professional' detailers would use "as seen on TV type products" as there are so many tried and tested detailing products available
Very true. That said, if I were launching a new miracle product, I would first send samples to professional detailers to test it, review it, and write about it.

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I read those before posting. The company and its marketing practices are very shady. However, the product may last longer than others in the market. I know I don't want to order through the company. I don't trust them. I think I'll wait until it is available in stores and then buy one to see if it is really all its hyped up to be.

·
Registered
341 Posts
My final question on this subject- Why would you want to deal with a company that exibits such shady (that's the PC version) marketing tactics?

And why are you providing them with free publicity on detailing forums? (things that make you go ummm!)

OK that two lst questions ;)

·
Registered
1987 560SL Gone but not forgotten! & 1999 SL500 For Now
745 Posts
Much can be learned about any firm's reputation by 'googleing' (name of company) complaints. This is what I got using 'wipe new complaints'-

Google

My take? I wouldn't get this stuff if they were giving it away; unless it was for my ex-wife. Listen to togwt, he's forgotten more than most of us will ever know about detailing.

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
85 Posts
Cancer researcher,
Most of the product claims are just fancy marketing. Having managed a detail shop, I can tell you that this is a product we would NEVER use. The claims they make about it going deep to lift out dirt and all that are BS. Especially from a wipe on/wipe off type product. If you really are concerned with your cars finish then you'll do it the right way.

The right way: get a clay bar. Clay bar the whole car. Be sure to knead it before use and, preferably, use warm water. If the clay bar gets plugged up, tear off and discard the contaminated product. You wouldn't want the fine sand particles that it's picked up to damage the finish in other spots.

Clay bars are the best for this and you'll be surprised at how much contamination they remove and how well they restore your cars finish.

Then go over the car with a GOOD wax like Meguiar's (http://www.meguiars.com/en/). These products are more expensive but well worth the money in my opinion. Even their dressings for the interior and tires are superior to most other brands such as Armor-All (which is garbage and actually damages plastics/rubber components).

For the plastic parts on the car that may appear to be white, that may actually be wax. The best way to get rid of it is with a rubber/plastic cleaner like Bleech-white (be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first).
However, if the parts are degraded from the sun or bad products being used on them, like Armor-All, the only solution may be to repaint them.

I don't claim to know everything, but I've found that quality products should be used if you want to keep your vehicle looking nice. Garaging your car is super important because the sun breaks down everything from your paint to the interior.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I was much more interested in the black plastics on my SUV. Everything that I've tried just washes away and leaves it even worse looking than before, including Armorall and Mother's Back to Black.
I agree Mother's Back to Black is pretty worthless, at least on black rubber on another one of my cars. It might be that the rubber is too old and beyond help though. I wouldn't touch anything from Armor All with a 10 foot pole.

·
Registered
1999 Porsche 911 / 2013 ML350 / 2006 Mini Cooper S
671 Posts
I almost ordered some of the stuff, but Black Wow works so well I decided not to risk it. If your black plastics are really far gone, I'd recommend using their "Pre-Wow" before applying the Black Wow. Expensive, but you get results that last.

·
Premium Member
93 190e 2.6
397 Posts
Have you heard of quick n bright? As seen on tv though..I've had much success with cleaning the floors in my car, trunk, and matts.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Trim renovation

ValuGuard Exterior Trim Repair Kit (ETR) - solves the stubborn problem of "gray bloom" sun fading and wax/polish residue on black trim components. Each kit contains one half pint (a) ColorGard to re-blacken the component, one half pint (b) UV Guard to ensure a long lasting repair, one half pint of (c) New Car Prep for pre-cleaning to avoid fisheyes, and a selection of application sponges and protective gloves included. Returns the part to original finish, this is a renovation type product with outstanding durability unlike cover-up products.

A trim renovation kit that allows for virtually permanent repairs of black and gray trim items that have been damaged by aging, exposure to solvents, splatter from sealant wax or polish, and paint over spray. Repair / renovate trim without time consuming masking and painting that has a durability of approx three years in average use. This product is not paint or a polish, but an acrylic latex emulsion that is approved by several auto manufacturers.

Part(s) should be clean and dry. If more than one coat is needed, allow to dry thoroughly between coats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts