Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of winter wheels have you been putting on your C? Yes I know it's June :p! I'm not sure what other OEM wheels would look nice on the car. I want to go to a 16" wheel something like 205/55/16 tires. On my 3 series those were the tires I had, and with all seasons I did very well in the snow, but my C really sucks. I think the rear tires are too wide to be good in snow. A friend's 3 series with 17" snow tires isn't great either, and the 17" snows are terribly expensive.

Can anyone give me some OEM wheel ideas that would look nice?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Tire Rack had some Rial wheels last fall for about $99 which are a very good copy of the 17" wheels on the C300 Sport . I realize you said 17" was not your preference, but with Blizzak WS60, the rwd car has been outstanding in snow and looking good throughout. I did get all the same size (vs staggered) as the extra width in the rear is not helpful in snow, as you pointed out.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Have you checked if 16" wheels fit to the C300? I wanted to have 16" wheels for winter tyres on our 4-Matic, the dealer too, but those did not fit and they had to put 17" wheels in. For some reason the 4-Matic has bigger brake discs than the RWD model with the same engine (this was a 320CDI).

The wheels I got from the shop are an exact copy of the MB OEM, not sure if those are RIAL.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen people with 16" rims on the C300. I did find a set that I thought would be okay (the base model ones off a 98 CLK320 I think), and the shop that was selling them said they should fit the C300, but not the 350 because the 350 has larger brakes that wouldn't fit in the wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
08w204c300
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing