1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E55
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone has any experience with an E55
in the winter months(SNOW). I just purchased this
car new from a dealer in nj and the sales person told me the car would be ok if I put snow tires on. On the other hand the service manager told me not to waste my money the car will not be any good even with snow's
Please help if anyone can shed some light on this subject.

thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
I would advise getting a snow beater...

I years past (when I lived in a snow-belt area) I have driven mant different RWD high HP cars, Vettes, BMWs, etc. Most were like Rhinos on roller skates. Granted there are MUCH better winter tires now, but physics still has the upper hand. And even if you are REAL careful driving, and you have the finest winter tires... there is always the a-hole in the POS that isn't careful or doesn't have snow tires that WILL smack into your "baby". A cheap, FWD snow beater is just cheaper to have. I have a friend in Chicago that buys a different S-B every year, and he never spends over $500. Plus he gets it back in the spring.
-HarleyB
P.S.: Did you say you just bought a NEW 2002?

·
Registered
04'E55; 02' 911Turbo
75 Posts
It's a toss-up. Yeah, there's always the external factor and the other drivers, but on ...

It's a toss-up. Yeah, there's always the external factor and the other drivers, but on the other hand there's also you and how you drive.

I'd recommend getting them. I guess the main advantage is they're stickier and will help with slipping and sliding. If you're a fast driver in the winter, snow tires are going to make you any safer, but many tests have been done and time and time again they've been proven to work better than all-seasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts