Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 e500 Wagon 4Matic, 2014 E63 S-AMG Wagon
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously my P-Zeros are useless for winter driving. Anyone use winter tires, if so which ones.
Thank you for any replies...

·
Registered
'08 E63 AMG Wagon. C280 (320) track/drift slag. Wife has CLK500 Convertible
1,027 Posts
Winter tyres are a legal requirement here in Switzerland. I've been running Continental Winter Contact 850 for the last few years on my e63 wagon. Had the earlier model 830 before that. Couldn't honestly tell the difference between the two, but I'm very happy with this brand. They do them in the staggered sizes that the e63 uses.
They are obviously slightly noisier than the summer tyres they replace, but once you get used to them, they are just as sure footed, especially as it colder or in slushy conditions. I certainly recommend them!

·
Registered
2006 e500 Wagon 4Matic, 2014 E63 S-AMG Wagon
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. Although like you I grew up to drive in the (Austrian) Alps where "Winter Reifen mit Spikes" was the norm. I live in the US now and in Vermont we can get quiet a lot of snow.
I looked up the tires you suggest. I have used Continental tires on many cars and always liked them. As a matter of fact on my other wagon, the E500 I do have Continentals and that car, with weights in the back, will drive through pretty much anything. These are Extreme Contact DWS and I never had heard of the 850s you mentioned. I looked them up and was surprised to see that they cost a fraction of the DWS. (90 $ US vs. 220 $ US). So thanks for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts