Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the winter/snow tires on but cannot remember what pressure I set them to last year. For those of you who use winter/snow tires, do you do the 30/33 psi setting?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
653 Posts
I have all-season Continentals and keep them inflated, year 'round, to the pressures recommended in the manual (or door sticker). But I never drive the car in rain/snow, so there may be something to be gained in an SLK with reduced tire pressures that I'm not aware of.

·
Registered
2012 SLK350
401 Posts
It will vary somewhat by the load rating and construction of the tires. I have some Dunlop Graspics that go on in the winter. As per factory recommendation they are not staggered. In other words, the same size front and rear. I have been running 32/34 for three seasons now with very even wear. Of course, YMMV.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
You want narrower tires and SLIGHTLY higher pressures in the Winter, the idea is to "punch" through the snow and reach bare pavement under it.
You need the tires to come in contact with the road as much as possible, that's kind of obvious, but how to do that isn't always that clear.... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts