Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 300 TE 24v SportLine -91 W124
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to write about my amazement about my 300TE 24v's winter properties.
It handles so well and is so so easy to control the corners and turns with the throttle.
For You who wonder, it's winter here in Sweden.:cool:

The handling is quite good and stable although I have to watch the acceleration as it has a few horses to control and it will let the rear end out without a problem when accelerating from a stand still.
Quite childishly fun. hehe

Thank GOD that it has a manual transmission as I have had my bad experience with automatics and winter time.

But I still long for a Citroën with front weal drive.... much safer if I have to overtake a car in high speed on slippery roads. That's what I am used to anyway. hehe:D:eek:

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
I wish mine was a manual. But, equipped with 4 nokian hakkapelitta Qs, it's pretty capable in the Utah snow.

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,726 Posts
I just have to write about my amazement about my 300TE 24v's winter properties.
It handles so well and is so so easy to control the corners and turns with the throttle.
For You who wonder, it's winter here in Sweden.:cool:

The handling is quite good and stable although I have to watch the acceleration as it has a few horses to control and it will let the rear end out without a problem when accelerating from a stand still.
Quite childishly fun. hehe

Thank GOD that it has a manual transmission as I have had my bad experience with automatics and winter time.

But I still long for a Citroën with front weal drive.... much safer if I have to overtake a car in high speed on slippery roads. That's what I am used to anyway. hehe:D:eek:
100% agreed :D
The manual transmission makes it a whole different car in the snow.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,445 Posts
Snow driving was fun in my wagon! I love taking her up the mountain...throw the snowboards on the roof and shred!

Chains was interesting experience last year. First time I've ever put chains on a car.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,970 Posts
I should try the manual in the snow sometime when i finish replacing the waterpump on it..:)
The 4 door is fun too doing doughnuts... :)

·
Registered
"Gretchen" my 1986 300E 286000 km+ (RIP) August 2015
1,092 Posts
I should try the manual in the snow sometime when i finish replacing the waterpump on it..:)
The 4 door is fun too doing doughnuts... :)
Nothing like the RWD for cutting donuts and should only be attempted by seasoned drivers
my disclaimer. Have fun and let it snow....be careful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts