Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that drive your precious MB's in the winter what do you do to maintain the car and keep the rust/salt at bay? I will be purchasing a MB shortly and want to know the best way to take care of a nice southern car that will be now exposed to NE winters. Thanks, RT

·
Registered
1993 190e 2.6
5 Posts
i just make sure i clean the rims, i also am in new england and so far my car has been gar...

i just make sure i clean the rims, i also am in new england and so far my car has been garaged the last two snow storms but it is normally outside (parents cars are preference in the garage in the winter) keep the rims clean and i also suggest getting a uv cover for your car to protect it from the snow and other elements especially if it is outside, then once a month take it to those do it yourself places and just give it a light cleansing to get the salt and dirt off, i usually wax it 4 times before the winter so the paint won't get badly damaged by the winters.

·
Registered
300E '86,'88,'89
248 Posts
Rust proof, wash, wax

Driving regularly through the winter:

First, get a good rust proofing job done before the season starts, expecially if you MB is +10 yrs old.

Second, wash it often. Either do it yourself or go somewhere where they have a decent underbody rinse.

Third, give your MB a good waxing before the season starts. Like three or so coats during the last month of Fall. Then just use the car wash wax during the winter to maintain it. Wax keeps the dirt mixed with salt from sticking so easily to the body.

Last, get a decent set of snow tires. Avoid driving on super heavily salted roads, take alternate routes even if they are slippery and unplowed.

-CV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts