Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to change my windshield wipers.

I'm not complaning, the OEM blades from MB lasted more than three years, which is quite good in this part of the country where wipers see a lot of action.

So what is considered the best option these days?
- Bosch Icon
- Bosch Excel
- RainX
- Michelin Radius
- Trico Teflon
- PIAA
- Valeo Ultimate
- ....others?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Ditto. Trico teflon on the SEL, work great!

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
I've got Icons and they work great. I've used them on several cars in the past and have had great luck.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Windshield wiper

OMG, there are so many options to choose from...

BTW, where do you get the Tricon teflon or Icons wipers from? What is price like?

TIA

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Bosch if you to be safe, (you can save money buying just the inserts and not the whole wiper blades).

(I avoid Trico, have had a bad experience with them, Tire shop put some on and they came off and scratched the windshield the very first time I turned them on in the rain).

~~But be sure to install them correctly.

Rain X is not a wiper blade option, it's a treatment to keep the windshield clear, and works so well you can actually use it, and NOT turn on the wipers in some conditions.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I switched to Bosch Icon about a month ago. They are excellent. Pepboys has them for buy one get one free.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Bosch if you to be safe, (you can save money buying just the inserts and not the whole wiper blades).

(I avoid Trico, have had a bad experience with them, Tire shop put some on and they came off and scratched the windshield the very first time I turned them on in the rain).

~~But be sure to install them correctly.

Rain X is not a wiper blade option, it's a treatment to keep the windshield clear, and works so well you can actually use it, and NOT turn on the wipers in some conditions.
Rain X does make a wiper blade. The regular Tricos suck, their clips are prone to failure and the result is a lost wiper blade just when you need it most. The teflons on the other hand are a great replacement on most vehicles. I personally run the Trico teflons on the F150, crown victoria and explorer but icons on the lexus and my other mercedes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts