Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question,
How the heck do i fix this problem...when i spray my windshield with the jets...my rear driver/passenger door windows get more fluid than my windshield does!! (not really but still) I need to reallign / adjust them so they spray evenly..currently the passenger side jets spray over the roof and the driver side barely get any....

-Kris

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
JamesDean - 2/18/2005 9:26 PM

Question,
How the heck do i fix this problem...when i spray my windshield with the jets...my rear driver/passenger door windows get more fluid than my windshield does!! (not really but still) I need to reallign / adjust them so they spray evenly..currently the passenger side jets spray over the roof and the driver side barely get any....

-Kris
Realign them using a pin. Stick a small pin in gently, and move each nozzle around gently, testing it until you get the desired aim on the windsheild. I had the same problem on my 300D. That took care of it.
-Joe

·
Registered
573 Posts
keep in mind that the jets are designed to spray onto the screen at speed......so they are aimed slightly high, as the wind will push the spray down. if you aim it when the care is standing still...than on the highway the spray may get pushed towards the bottom of your screen.

find a happy medium.[:)]

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,266 Posts
deathrattle,

There is a guy called Q around your neck of the woods. He put some really effective stuff on an Aston Martin DB5 for a guy named Jim (or some such..).

Anyway, these "squeegee" types can be tough, you need something more substantial than windshield wiper fluid to scare them off (hydrochloric acid perhaps?).

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
deathrattle - 2/21/2005 3:40 PM

I've already owned cars that lay down smoke screens and oil slicks but they were not courtesy of JB or his chums.
So, you've had a W123 too?[:D]
-Joe

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
deathrattle - 2/20/2005 12:21 PM

From each pair of nozzles,i like to have one aimed at the screen and the other at cyclists or those enterprising chaps who like to 'clean' your screen at traffic lights.

[:0]

[:0]

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,266 Posts
deathrattle - 2/21/2005 4:40 PM

^^^
Stale first of the day urine is a good repellent and also works wonders on bird plop,if you don't mind the yellow streaks on your paintwork.

Funnily enough,a few years ago the contents of my washer bottle caught some sort of bug and was giving off a good whiff of H2S-rotten egg gas-evry time i had a little squirt.It was very persistant and only finally responded to a good flushing with bleach solution.

If i were to seek accessories from Q,i think it would have to be those blades that emerge from the wheel hubs.
I've already owned cars that lay down smoke screens and oil slicks but they were not courtesy of JB or his chums.
Deathrattle,

"...those blades that emerge from the wheel hubs."

I don't think that was Q's handiwork. I seem to remember that was AcneFace in "Grease", or perhaps Bloefeld's mechanic.

Your rotten eggs strategy was intriguing, although I would think the collateral damage would outweigh any offensive advantage.[:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts