Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C230 Sport Sdn
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...I purchased a capri blue C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan a few months ago, and absolutely love it so far. However I was wondering if anyone else has any issues with their automatic wipers...mine seem to randomly wipe accross the windshield when it is completely dry outside. Also does anyone have proof of the rain sensor actually closing the sunroof if it's left open? I was wondering if that was a gimmick or if it really does that :).

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
Open it up and squrit some water on the sensor.[8D]

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The rain sensor is not for the roof, so it will not close it. The rain sensor is for the wipers. I have found that the rain sensor can be confused by bright red lights, traffic signals or high mounted brake lights in SUV's. Turn off the wipers when it is not raining. The dry wipes will scratch the windshield.

·
Registered
2006 C230 WZ
257 Posts
Lynn - 2/18/2005 6:14 PM

The rain sensor is not for the roof, so it will not close it. The rain sensor is for the wipers. I have found that the rain sensor can be confused by bright red lights, traffic signals or high mounted brake lights in SUV's. Turn off the wipers when it is not raining. The dry wipes will scratch the windshield.
The user manual says that you should always turn off the wipers before turning your car off. Else the wiper may do a couple of passed when you start the car again, even if it is not raining then and also during some other times.

Rain sensor is designed to be used to automatically regulate the speed of the wipers, not to start them automatically.

·
Registered
2005 C230WZ
270 Posts
hoopsmx - 2/18/2005 1:27 PM

Lynn - 2/18/2005 6:14 PM

The user manual says that you should always turn off the wipers before turning your car off. Else the wiper may do a couple of passed when you start the car again, even if it is not raining then and also during some other times.

Rain sensor is designed to be used to automatically regulate the speed of the wipers, not to start them automatically.
These guys are correct! The wipers are not to be set permanently in the on position. The rain sensor is used for intermitent wiping during rain and not meant to be on and waiting for rain.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Sport Sdn
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...I was confused because the sales rep from my dealership said to just leave it in the 'on' position all the time and not to worry about it...but its random wiping was becoming a concern of mine. Thanks for the help!

Adam

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 SS
55 Posts
i leave mine on all the time, same as the Auto lights [:I]

it was really cool this one time when there was a puddle on the road and the car in the opposite lane drove through it, splashed a ton of water on my windshield and before i had realized what had happened the automatic wipers had already taken care of it [;)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts