Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned the wiper on the other day during a light rain. Worked fine although the intermittent function wasn't there. Arrived at my destination and the wiper would not turn off unless I shut the ignition off. When I got home I checked the four fuses and reseated them. Wiper still wouldn't turn off when I turned the ignition on. Checked the relay and switched it with another like relay. Still wouldn't turn off. Considering replacing the switch on the steering column. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cab
565 Posts
Silly question, but is it happening with the windshield completely dry? I ask because that can happen if the winshiled or wiper blade is not very clean leaving a residue film over the sensor and activating the wiper as though tricking it into thinking that the windshield is wet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I cleaned the windshield just to make sure that the sensor wasn't seeing something it shouldn't see. In fact, after I got home, all of the testing was done in the garage. In addition to the fuses, rain sensor, steering column switch and relay what controls the different speeds for the wipers? The intermittant speed does not exist. The first two positions are both slow speed. Any help would be deeply appreciated!

·
Registered
clk 230k
63 Posts
i have a similar issue, no intermittant but mine switches off on the 0 position. it looks like the previous owner has changed the wiper/indicator stalk at some point on my car.

i also look forward to some help

·
Registered
02 CLK55 AMG
60 Posts
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I have the same problem with the rain sensor when the wipers a set to position one. At that position they wipers run constantly. Disconnect the sensor and they wipe every 5 secs or so. Tried another used sensor, same result.

I notice a couple of bubbles around the edge of the sensor plate stuck to the windshield. I can also moves the plate attached to the window slightly. I'm wondering if the bubbles in the adhesive are fooling the sensor ? They're right aroundthe edge, but may just extend into the sensor 'area'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts